So I love me some potatoes! Especially MASHED POTATOES! Yummers! So I thought I'd post this great recipe I found on Woman's Day.com

Mashed Potatoes and More Recipe

INGREDIENTS

    • 8 oz carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
    • 1 1/2 lb Yukon Gold or all-purposepotatoes, peeled and cut in 2-in. chunks
    • 1 small rutabaga (1 lb), peeled and cut in 1-in. chunks
    • 1 small celery root (12 oz), peeled and cut in 1 1/2-in. chunks, or 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut in 1-in. chunks
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    • 1 tsp salt
    • Freshly ground pepper to taste
    • Garnish: chopped chives

PREPARATION

    1. Bring 6 cups water to boil in a 4-qt pot. Add carrots; cook 5 minutes or until barely tender. Add potatoes, rutabaga and celery root; cook 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Drain and return to pot.2. Mash with potato masher or beat with mixer, adding milk, butter, salt and pepper. Spoon into serving bowl; sprinkle with chives.


Hope you like it! I can smell them already!!!! YUM!!!! I'm hungry---gotta go....eat.

Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This sounds delish! But what on earth is rutabaga???


  2. Everybody loves mashed potateos. Thanks for the recipe.


Post a Comment